Friday, October 8, 2010

Drumroll Please....Drumsticks, Chorizo 'n Kale Creation

Alright, my turn....KALE!  That's my pick this week.
I seem to be watching an obscene amount of the Food Network lately and I happen to really enjoy "Chuck's Day Off" a lot.
It could be his cute little French accent or the fact that he is adorable but mostly because he can really cook!!
So this week I turned to kale (which I have never had before) because of him.  He made it seem so easy and the dish looked AMAZING.
I did however manage to remove the clams that he used in this dish and a few other ingredients so its sort of like I made it up myself no? Or should I say "non"?
I normally don't like to eat meat from a bone, (I know, I have some strange eating habits) but I couldn't resist this one.
This will definitely be another dinner to add to the revolving monthly list as it is quick and tasty not to mention it uses 1 dish to make - less cleanup for this lady!!
I hope you will enjoy this as much as my family did. 

Chicken Drumsticks, Chorizo with Kale

6-8 chicken drumsticks
2 large potatoes diced
1 medium red onion sliced
3 cloves smashed garlic
2-3 chorizo sausages sliced
2 tbsp. olive oil
3 tbsp. paprika (smoky is best)
3 leaves and stalks of kale julienned
2 tbsp. chicken stock
salt and pepper to taste


In a bowl mix chicken, chorizo and paprika.
Remove to an oven proof skillet and brown the chicken on all sides in the oil (about 5 minutes)
Add chorizo and brown another 2-3 minutes.  Layer diced potatoes, onions and garlic over top the chicken mixture.  Season with salt and pepper lightly.  Place in preheated oven (350) for 25 minutes or until the chicken is fork tender.  Finally, place kale on top and add the chicken stock, cook another 10 minutes.
Remove from oven, stir and serve.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. This is the most delicious looking chicken I have ever seen
    This will definitely be tried in our household and soon as we also like/love kale (and it is so healthy besides)

    ReplyDelete