Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Olive Oil Fusilli with Chicken

Every year a bunch of us ladies head to the good ole US of A to partake in the Black Friday Deals that you Americans are so lucky to have bestowed on you (you really don't know how good you have it!)
And every year it is tradition to stop at Wegmans (a grocery store for the rest of us who don't know) to pick up a cooler full before heading back home.
They have such different selections of meats and cheeses that us Canadians can only get at specialty grocery stores or specific delis after googling, search and usually striking out.  I probably spend just as much time in that store than I do at Macy's!!
This year I picked up a bunch of different cheeses (because its cheaper).  They have been sitting in my fridge for a week now and today I finally decided what to do with at least the Asiago I bought.

Generally pasta in our house (as mentioned) is a rarity.  I came across a recipe from Giada on the Food Network today and thought it would be great to try it out.  Mr. BM called and I told him what we were having and to my surprise he said, ok, save me the chicken carcass just in case.  HA! I love him.
I decided that I was going to swing by our grocery store and pick up a ready made chicken to add a little extra depth to this dish.  I was pleasantly surprised when Mr. BM asked if there was leftovers he could bring to work for lunch tomorrow.  That my friends is a sure fire way to know that this recipe is a good one :)

Olive Oil Fusilli with Chicken

3 c. fusilli pasta - cooked to al dente
1/2 pre cooked chicken cut into pieces - I used breast only
1/4 c. olive oil
3 cloves garlic chopped
1 lb baby spinach
8-10 grape tomatoes halved
1/2 c. fresh Asiago cheese shredded
1/4 c. fresh Parmesan cheese shredded

Cook pasta to al dente approx. 8 minutes in lightly salted water.  Drain reserving 1/2 c. water.
Meanwhile in a pan heat oil and saute the garlic for only about 2 minutes.  Add in the spinach and stir for another 2-3 minutes to wilt.  Add the tomatoes and continue to cook.
Drain pasta and add to the pan along with 1/2 c. cooking water.  Stir to incorporate and then add chicken and both cheeses.
Serve and enjoy!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. This pasta looks really delicious. I will give it a try soon. Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete