Monday, January 17, 2011

"I'm Bananas, You're Nuts" Loaf

Whoever thought to take a rotting banana and use it anyway for desserts was a genius!  I'm pretty sure I wouldn't take an old, black, fruit fly magnet of a broccoli head and hope that my soup tasted more broccoli-like.  But bananas work, and work well indeed.

Ive been making this banana bread recipe for years now and I am not even really sure where it came from to be honest.  Normally I do not add anything to it because it is just so moist and bananay but on occasion I do add chopped walnuts or chocolate chips, or both...both is good, both is really good (but not necessary at all!)
This recipe will not disappoint in the least TRUST ME!  Better than your grandma's - I wont tell when you agree.




Banana Bread - Nuts/Chocolate Optional
makes 1 loaf

1 1/2 c. flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 eggs, beaten
1 c. vanilla sugar (I put my leftover vanilla pods in a bowl of sugar)
3 mashed black bananas
1/2 c. sour cream (and yes, you can use fat free - I do!)
1/4 c. veg oil
(1/2 cup semi sweet chips and/or 1/4 c. chopped walnuts if you want to incorporate something different)

*You don't need to dirty many things - 1 bowl, 1 whisk, measuring cups that's it*
In a large bowl, mash the 3 bananas with a fork, add in the eggs, oil, sour cream and sugar; mix thoroughly.  Add the dry ingredients and stir to combine - don't over mix.
pour into a greased loaf pan and bake at 325 for an hour and 15 minutes.  Do the toothpick test (if it comes out cleanly after being inserted into the centre its good to go!)
Let cool a few minutes and turn out onto a cooling rack.
I don't hesitate to slather on some butter and nor should you!
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment