Sunday, January 30, 2011

Pork Paprikash

Seems as though I have an abundance of pork these days.  I open the freezer and there are random bags of leftover pancakes, milk bags (yes I do freeze them sometimes), random orange freezies and pork.  Tenderloins, chops, ribs, bacon.
Just to clarify, I don't live on a pig farm - although that might be sorta neat, until the dreaded time came when they were no longer my pets.

I always wanted to live on a farm, wait, let me rephrase, I always wanted to have farm animals...just not get up early to feed them or clean up mass quantities of you know what or raise them to be my dinner either.  I also have this love of farm houses and barns, they are beautiful, rustic, architecturally intriguing.  Ahhh, that takes me to a better place than the butcher.

Speaking of butcher, I have to stop dreaming of petting sheep and riding horses and get back to cooking dinner!
PAPRIKASH, random, indeed or so you'd think - I thought of this a few weeks ago and have been seeing it everywhere!  Its been blogged, in magazines I have been perusing and even on the twitter - I KNOW, I know about twitter!
Well, its my turn now world watch out...

Pork Paprikash
serves 4

1 pork tenderloin cubed
1/2 c. flour
2 tbsp. bacon fat
1 1/2 tsp. pepper (separated)
2 tsp. salt (separated)
1 medium onion sliced
2  cloves garlic finely chopped
2 red peppers sliced
3 tsp. Hungarian paprika (we had family bring us home some from their travels - it really does taste different!)
 1 1/2 c. beef broth
1/2 c. sour cream

Cut tenderloin into cubes - approx 1 inch

Cut your veggies and set aside


Coat your pork with the seasoned flour (1/2 of the salt and pepper) and fry in the bacon grease until browned. 

Set aside in a dish so that you can brown the onions and peppers and garlic. (add more bacon fat if necessary - you can never go wrong with more bacon fat!)
After about 3 or 4 minutes throw the pork back into the pot, adding the paprika and the rest of the salt and pepper stirring to incorporate flavors.

Thanks for the bring back - way better than a postcard
Next pour in the beef stock, stir, and simmer for about 20 minutes




In the last 10 minutes of simmering add the egg noddles to a pot of boiling water - cook about 8 minutes for al dente.
Finally, you are going to incorporate the sour cream and pour over top of your noodles.
Eat, NOW
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment