Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Pork with Potato/Parsnip Puree

Shoot that's a lot of "P"'s in that title isn't it?  I coulda made it better by throwing in a "Pleasant" or maybe "Painfully Easy" OR "Pardon, you want to Partake in this Painfully Easy, Pleasant, Pork recipe with Phenomenal Potato/Parsnip Puree"?
Even I am shaking my head at that - but that was fun!

Sometimes simple can be better.  This recipe goes beyond simple.  Do you have a plastic bag?  A pork tenderloin? Some Shake n Bake "s&b" (or other form of crumb coating)?  Blended spices? All you need now is an oven.  If you don't have one of those you might be outta luck

I am not sure why I never thought of doing it before - we have had s&b pork chops before, we all have, but when I was calling out to friends for some pork recipes my dear friend Jane (HI JANE!) said "I use s&b, and its great" I thought...ya, *lighbulb* that's a great idea!
So this post is an Ode to Jane :)  Thank you for juicy, crispy crusted pork


Crusted Pork with Potato n Parsnip Puree

Pork
2 pork tenderloins (silver removed)
1 package crispy Shake n Bake (or no name brand, or make your own but then this isn't as EASY as I made it out to be)
2 tsp. spice blend - flavor of choice (I happen to have a good Canadian brand - Wicked Gourmet that has an "everything" rub)

Wow, 3 ingredients!  You CANNOT mess this up.  Remove the silver (the lining on the tenderloin) and cut into 2 inch medallions.  Here comes the hard part:
Pour coating into a bag and add the spice blend.  Shake.
Add your medallions to coat.  Place on a baking sheet and bake for 20-30 minutes at 375 or until the internal temp is at least 160.


Potato/Parsnip Puree
Root veggie that is much like a carrot, has a slightly sweet taste

4 potatoes peeled, cubed
3 parsnips peeled, sliced (about 2 in rounds)
1/2 c. milk - warmed
2-3 tbsp. butter or margarine
Salt n pepper

Boil potatoes and parsnips to fork tender in lightly salted water.  About 10 minutes or so.
Drain.  Mash a little first and then add to a food processor with the warmed milk and butter.  If you have a ricer (which I do not, nor do most fledglings) you can use that for a fine puree.

This recipe is down home and simple, like a warm cup of tea and a good book on a cold day. 
Enjoy
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment