Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Dulce De Leche Cheesecake

This dessert makes me want to sit in a kitchen at midnight, with my mom and 2 of my closest friends, discussing our problems and talking crazy stories while scarfing this caramelly, cheesecakey treat.  Wait, it would be even better if Betty White was there!

Honestly, I don't have much more to say about this - the boys loved it, I loved it, the in laws loved it and now its gone *WAAAAAA*
I made this as individual portions but you could certainly make 1 pie.  I should also mention to you that after I baked my pie crust I realized that I needed to make this a no bake cheesecake and so it does not contain any eggs.

Dulce De Leche Cheesecake (lite version)
6 individual cakes

Crust:
2 cups graham cracker crumbs
1/3 c. sugar
1/2 c. melted butter

Filling:
1 pkg. low fat cream cheese (250g)
1/4 c. + a few extra tbsp. sugar
1 c. whipping cream
1/2 c. prepared dulce de leche

Preheat the oven at 450F. 
Melt butter and mix in the graham and sugar.  Add a few tbsp. to the small pans and press firmly molding the mixture in as well as along the sides.  Bake for 7-10 minutes. (I go by smell and look - not burnt and browned)  Cool slightly and then remove from the pans to finish cooling.

In a bowl whip the softened cream cheese.  Add in the sugar and dulce de leche.  Ensure the mixture is well combined and fluffy.  In a separate bowl whip the cream until it has soft peaks.  Fold the cream into the cheese mixture at first and then stir to incorporate fully.
Pour into the cooled crusts, place covered in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours to set up.
To serve drizzle a little dulce de leche over top
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment