Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Mint Chunk Cookies

Do you know how many hours I wander around the Walmart or grocery stores when visiting the United States just oogling over all the neat things Americans can buy?
It amazes me that some items are not sold in other countries.  And I want to know what I can do to make this happen!
Cereals for example!  Cookie Crisp, Apple Jacks, Count Chocula to name a few... POP TARTS, sure, we have them but in the US the flavors are endless!  I honestly can stand in that section alone for a good 10 minutes trying to decide which few boxes to bring home to Little Ugh.
Canned foods - I recently saw blackberry pie filling - I said it, BLACKBERRY pie filling.
Yes, I can make pie filling from them here but the convenience of it being in a can...GENIUS.

There ARE however some things that I am quite happy aren't here - spray cheese to name one.  Cmon cheese in a can?  Picture it, waking up at night, rushing down to the fridge for a good ole squirt of cheese?  Going to a fancy dinner party, picking up a  little cracker, looking around for some cheese and the hostess brings out "the can"
Really??

But one of my all time favorite thing to pick up for my baking is Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips. 
MMMMM melt in your mouth.  Naturally cookies is the perfect way to use them (although a few spoonfuls on ice cream is also great!)


Mint Chunk Cookies
makes about 4 dozen

1/2 c. margarine
1/2 c. dark brown sugar
1/2 c. white sugar
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. baking powder
1/2 tsp. salt
2 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 pkg. Andes Creme de Menthe baking chips
2 2/3 c. flour

Blend together everything but the flour and chips.
Stir in the chips and then the flour.  Place in the fridge for at least an hour to chill.
Roll into 1 inch balls and press to flatten slightly.
Bake in a preheated oven (350) for 8 minutes.
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment