Thursday, February 10, 2011

"Thyme Is On Your Side" Roasted Chicken Thighs

Man, that song reminds me of that creepy Denzel Washington/John Goodman movie Fallen - seen it?  CAREEEEPYYYY 

OK enough of things that weird me out, back to chicken...that doesn't creep me out, except I guess if every time I made it the same song was playing on my ipod or if every time I was at the grocery store strangers hummed it as they passed me by. duh duh duhhhhh
See, this is why I watch romantic comedies, strange movies stick with me for YEARS - ask me what happened in 50 First Dates...some amnesia, some romance, a baby...the end
Enjoy the chicken with or without great music ;)

Thyme Roasted Chicken Thighs

6 chicken thighs, skins on
3 sprigs thyme
2 cloves garlic, chopped
1 small onion
1 tbsp. butter
1/2 c. chicken stock

Preheat oven to 400
Remove thyme leaves and chop roughly.  Chop garlic and slice onions.
In a cast iron skillet place thighs skin side up.  Lift up the skin and disperse garlic and thyme between each thigh.  Butter each thigh and lightly season with salt and pepper.

Place chopped onion, and any excess thyme/garlic (or chop more up because who doesn't love garlic?) around the thighs.  Pour the stock into the pan.
Bake 45 minutes
Serve with some roasted potatoes and steamed asparagus to make it a complete meal
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment