Thursday, March 3, 2011

Leftover Pork Pizzas

While I very rarely post lunch ideas we do eat in the afternoon.
Sometimes its as plain as a pb & j sammie, sometimes it's leftovers from previous dinners, but other times we go all out like yesterday for instance.

Bacon was on sale at our local grocer and since I have a love of this salty fatty food I could not resist. Two packages for 1 low price - almost bought 4, but I resisted!
We had some left over pork loin and some thin hamburger buns kickin around.  These thin buns are perfect for making mini pizzas - with the holes in them they crisp up in the oven, fantastically!!

I decided to make mini bbq pork pizzas and I have to say they were darn good.

Mini Pork Pizzas

Thin whole wheat hamburger buns (amount varies)
Sweet Baby Rays BBQ Sauce (or your favorite kind)
Thinly sliced pork
Pre-fried bacon strips - crumbled if you wish
Thinly sliced onions
Cheese - your choice, I used a jalapeno cheddar

Slather your sauce on the bun, add your toppings - cheese on last is my personal preference
Heat in an oven (375) for 8-10 minutes
Enjoy!

*this can be adapted with MANY different items, chicken, cheeses, veggies etc*
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment