Monday, May 23, 2011

Mash Up Monday - Kale Chips

I feel I need to tell you a dubious story about me and chips.

Preface -
I am a sweet eater and Mr. BM is a salty one.  We buy a bag of chips, I might have a handful and the rest is inhaled within a 30 minute sitcom, you buy me a chocolate bar and its gone in 30 seconds.
On occasion I will indulge in some crunch and salt so there's usually 1 bag in the house dedicated for when those urges arise. (That are almost always eaten and replaced again without me even missing them)

So I go looking for the chips one night and can't find them, I am a tad upset.

I mean its not often I want them.
I get that they sit in the cupboard and taunt Mr. BM, but really?  You had your own bag!
How is it that you didn't know I was going to want them right now? Control yourself!
(don't worry, I didn't yell or anything)

Apparently I was visibly hurt by "someone" eating them on me that Mr. BM offered to buy me 7 bags of chips the next time he went out. GUILT
I don;t need 7 bags, I just wanted that one, at that very moment, is that so wrong?

Now I give you this lead up because a few days later I received my 7 bags of chips!
I laughed.  Hard. 
I barely make it through 1 bag and now I have a stockpile (I felt like a hoarder).  I also received 9 tubs of dip because I mistakenly made a comment that I couldn't eat them without dip....

Well, that's where the happiness ends because again, I go to look for the bounty and find it empty.
YOU ATE ALL THE BAGS OF CHIPS?!
C'MON!

Solution?
KALE CHIPS

The boys weren't huge fans, but maybe because when I seasoned them I used mesquite flavoring on some, seasoning salt on others and finally some curry and they are used to generic potatoes and salt?
Whatever the reason is, I don't care, I don't have to share.


Kale Chips

1 bunch of kale
1 tbsp. olive oil
1 tsp. seasoning of your choice

Wash and dry the entire bunch of kale.

Rip into bite sized pieces, discarding the stem as it is tough and bitter.

Drizzle with olive and oil and rub the pieces by hand to work it in.

Sprinkle with seasoning.
Place on a parchment lined cookie sheet and bake at 350F for about 10-12 minutes.

They should be lightly browning, not burnt.

Take that!











Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment