Monday, May 16, 2011

MashUp Monday - Smore Brownies Please

This Monday's Mashup was created for the Relay for Life Bake Sale that Little Ugh held last Friday at his school.
Hey, just because we had it on Friday doesn't mean I didn't dream it up especially for M-UM! Hey, now there's an acronym if I ever saw one ;)

We wanted something different to sell since we knew the teachers would be bringing the traditional cookies, rice krispies and cupcakes and since the premise of the mashup is to take different foods and meld them together this recipe was a perfect fit all around.

Ooey, soft and gooey marshmallows, graham crackers, chocolaty fudgey goodness!  Who doesn't love a good smore?

Only thing missing is the open flame with the sparks of the fire dancing in the nights sky.

Actually, I was traumitizingly surprised at how many children didn't know what a smore was.  Really, c'mon REALLY?
I don't get it, have you ever roasted a marshmallow?  75% said no to that too.  WHAT!?

Its sad that I live in such a metropolis where people apparently don't participate in outdoor activities outside the realms of the skyscrapers and concrete parks with their children unless they own a cottage or trailer.
Now, don;t get me wrong, I am not a huge fan of camping myself but I've done it and I do do it (even if you see me kicking and screaming along the way). 
I do it because it gets my kid outside, enjoying the fresh air in a different environment away from electronics.
A place where he can run around collecting bugs, hike, swim, explore.
I just sit and make smores :)

I'm Listening to: Lynyrd Skynyrd vs. Nelly
Smore Brownies
makes 9 large brownies

1 pkg. brownie mix
10 graham crackers - crushed
1 c. mini marshmallows

Prepare the brownie mix according to package using milk instead of water.
Crush up the graham crackers by hand so you have some bite sized pieces.
Fold the marshmallows and crackers in.
Pour into a 9x9 greased pan.
Bake according to the box.

Now, normally I would make my brownies from scratch but in the essence of time and money Duncan Hines makes a great brownie mix :)
Print Friendly and PDF

No comments:

Post a Comment