Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Compound Butter Schmutter - Chipotle Thyme

Hey fancypantses, wanna know what I made today?
Compound butter.

To the non cook, that's a prettied up word for butter with some "stuff" in it.
Now said "stuff" could be anything really from fresh herbs, garlic, to spices or even aromatic liquids mixed into the butter.  Generally once you've created your concoction you form it into a log type shape in some plastic wrap and toss it into the fridge so that you are able to slice off slivers of greatness to top a steak or some veggies, ohhh I like to make it for corn on the cob in the summer time!

Me, I made it actually to rub all over my chicken - so in true form I suppose it isn't a compound butter until I wrap it in plastic wrap and chill it but who are you the "food prep police"?

I wanted a reason to test out my new kitchenaid food processor, a gift from my recent wedding shower.  Great gift isn't it?!?!?  Thanks Yvonne!!! (She'll never see this but I'm still putting it out there)
In a matter of 2 minutes I was a rockin with some.....get this....
chipotle thyme butter.
Yup.
Drool.

SO simple, SO aromatic, SO wonderful.
You gotta try it!
Enjoy

I'm listening to:  Last Train to Clarksville - The Monkees (RIP Davie Jones)


Chipotle Thyme Compound Butter
3 chipotle peppers in adobo
3 cloves garlic
1 tbsp. fresh thyme
fresh cracked pepper and salt to taste
1/3 c. butter softened








In the bowl of your food processor place the chipotle and garlic.


Whiz it (is that a proper FP terminology? I dunno, I'm new to this game) around until paste like.  Add in the butter, thyme and salt n pepper.


Whirl (that is probably a term) some more until smooth.
Voila
Done
Delish!
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment:

  1. Now that's some bad schmutter! What a way to dress up boring butttahhhhh! xoxo Ally

    ReplyDelete