Monday, April 16, 2012

Guest Post with Everyday Mom's Meals - Angel Food Cake w/ Lemon Sauce

Hello everyone! I'm so excited to be guest blogging today while the bride is away! Such an exciting time and I'm honored to help out!
My name is Krista, and I'm the everyday mom in Everyday Mom's Meals. I started blogging in May 2010 and since it's become such a blessing in my life, introducing me to such a wonderful foodie community.
I am a SAHM to my son Alex, 7 and full time wife to my husband of almost 9 years, Adam.

We enjoy simple home cooked recipes that bring our family around the table to make special memories. I hope you stop by EMM sometime soon, and you can also find me on Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest!

Happy Spring!
No matter what Mother Nature is doing outside your window right now, spring has officially sprung! That's right, warmer temps, greener grass, fuller trees, colorful flowers, they are all on their way! Even if it doesn't always seem like springtime during Spring here in Indiana, it's a promise.(This year has been extra "springy" though. With record breaking temps for a week in March.) A promise of new life, a promise of sunnier days, and to me a promise of capri pants and flip flops making their return! And one of the surest signs of spring at our house is I start craving summer-like desserts. I want things w/ berries, and citrus and especially lemon! Isn't there just something about seeing lemon in a dessert that screams spring and summer? So when I came across this super simple one in Simple and Delicious magazine I decided it would be our premiere spring sweet, and shared w/ all of you on this day! Refreshing and light, this dessert would be perfect for an Easter brunch or dinner, and it is also one to remember for the upcoming summer months when so many fresh picked berries could be incorporated! Winter was long enough, it's time to bust out of those scarves, boots and gloves. Bring on the shorts, tanned legs and pretty toes! Spring is here!!!


Angel Food Cake w/ Lemon Sauce  from Simple and Delicious Mar/April 2012


1 angel food cake (Either homemade or store bought. I buy them at the Walmart bakery in "loaf" form.)
1 (3.4 oz) box instant lemon pudding mix
3 oz. cream cheese, room temperature
1 3/4 c. cold milk
Fresh strawberries, chopped, optional
Whipped Cream, optional


In a bowl, use an electric mixer to beat cream cheese until smooth. Add milk and pudding mix. Continue beating until thickened. Slice cake and top w/ lemon sauce. Add fresh berries and whipped cream if desired.
*NOTE* After chilled if the sauce becomes too thick, add a little milk and stir. We like it a little on the thick side, but not as thick as pudding.
Print Friendly and PDF

1 comment: